These outbreaks can be treated. Do not try to wait it out. Cyst acne can persist for years. It can affect large areas of your skin and leave permanent scars. A dermatologist can help you with a treatment plan.
Cyst acne occurs when the infection goes into the skin, creating a soft red bump that is filled with pus. It may hurt or itch. If a cyst bursts, the infection can spread, causing more breakouts.
Who is he? And or?
You are more likely to develop cyst acne in adolescence or early 20. But it can hit someone as young as 8 or as old as 50. His face, chest, back, arms, shoulders or may be affected.Severe cyst acne is more common in men, but women get it too. Women often have cysts in the lower half of the face.
What are the causes?
Nobody knows the exact cause, but hormones called androgens play a role. When you are a teenager, androgens increase. This leads to changes in the skin which may lead to clogged pores and acne. In women, hormonal changes can be triggered by the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause, or a condition called polycystic ovary syndrome.
If one of your parents had severe cystic acne, you're more likely to get it.
How is it treated?
Over-the-counter drugs that act on mild acne often have little effect on cystic acne. A dermatologist will probably recommend one or more of the following:
* Oral antibiotics help control bacteria and reduce inflammation. Sometimes, your acne may not respond to antibiotics, however ,. Or you may find that not work as well after a few years.
* Birth control pills help some women by controlling your hormones.
* Prescription-strength creams, lotions or gels with retinoids, a form of vitamin A, can help unplug pores and help antibiotics do their job.
* Isotretinoin, formerly also known by the brand name Accutane, attacks all the causes of acne. You take a pill once or twice daily for about five months. For most people, this completely and permanently erase the skin. If repeated, you can repeat the treatment. Women should avoid becoming pregnant while taking this medicine.
* Spironolactone is a drug that helps you get rid of unneeded water, but also functions as a hormone blocker.
1. Do not touch or pick cysts in these spots. You can push the infection deeper and cause it to spread.
2. Try to relax. Stress can cause your body to release more hormones that can aggravate acne.
3. Follow a healthy lifestyle. Getting enough sleep and exercise. Some research suggests that a diet low glycemic index limiting sugar, can help the symptoms.
The source of the article here.